Drivers Championship 2013
NEW FOR 2013: The Drivers Championship will be spread out over 2 days, will run alongside the Graduates Championship and the finals will be 15minutes long!
- What is it?Proper sprint racing. Against your team mates and everyone else. It's the best way to finish the season.
- What is the format? Each driver will race in 2 x 10 minute heats plus a 15 minute A or B final. Grids will be randomly allocated for the first heat, and reversed for the second. The results of the two heats determine where you qualify in the A or B final.
- How much is it? £69 inc VAT per driver. OK, so it's more than last year, but everyone's getting extra laps practice and an extra 5 minutes of racing in the finals. Also, free entry to the party, yey!
- When is it?The heats will take place on the afternoon of the final (9th) round of the BUKC at Whilton Mill, Monday 24th June & the finals will be the following morning: Tuesday 25th June. There will be a party on the Monday night to celebrate the end to the BUKC 2013.
- What are the minimum weight thresholds? Lightweight: 75KG, Heavyweight: 82KG, Super Heavyweight: 90KG
- I hear there are 2 different weight classes? That's right, almost. There are actually 3 classes: Lightweights, Heavyweights and Super Heavyweights but the Super Heavyweights will run within the Heavyweight class.
- How many drivers will be there in each class There will be 64 lightweights and 64 heavyweights (including super heavyweights)
- Can I register my team mates? No, drivers must register individually
- How do I register? Registration for the 2013 Championship will be open in early May.
- What is the prize? If you win, you'll be joining the winning BUKC team at Silverstone on the Froday of the British GP as VIP guests of Red Bull.
Due to the overwhelming demand, a bit like Glastonbury, we are introducing a pre-registration system to ensure that our servers don't crash.
Please Note:Priority will be given to captains and media correspondents. If you think you should be on that list please email me email@example.com